Thursday, February 9, 2012

Towards the Within

Towards the Within / 12' x 12" / acrylic on panel board
Today I filled in applications, took a walk, took the subway downtown to proof some postcards, picked up a prescription, went to the post office, made phone calls, answered emails, bought food, did computer stuff... and all the while restless thoughts chattered in my head like a flock of twittering birds. I finally made it to my studio and picked up my brushes; the twittering birds slowly dispersed, my thoughts quieted and I found myself immersed in a palette of grays. Remarkable how paint can settle the mind and open the heart. I don't know how that happens but I couldn't live without it.

No comments:

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...