Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last Day of Beauty along the Pacific West Coast

 A very rainy, socked in day. Typical weather for this time of year on the coast and I love it.
Warm, drizzly mist, clouds floating low on the horizon, dark mountains breaking through on occasion.
a



 

 The girls, Emily, Lauren and Susan touring in the rain. These three beauties took me to see some of the rocky coastline and I fell in love. The first is Whyte Cliff Park, where scuba divers were bobbing around in the water like seals and the rock was folded into elegant shapes just begging to be painted.






















 I really could have sat and painted here for months without moving more than a few feet in any direction. The light was soft and fused creating a gorgeous array of colors, my head and heart are full of images that will feed me all winter.

 Next we went on the Lighthouse Park and the old growth trees. I am always humbled and awed when in the presence of these tree beings.















A perfect day to end the trip. I am leaving behind five paintings in the Haymaker office/gallery of Horseshoe Bay which means I am only shipping home four paintings of the original 24 I started out with! This has been such an amazing trip and I can't wait to do it all again. Now it's time to pack some suitcases and catch a plane.
See you in Montreal!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

spectacular Holly. And to know you can paint it in the very natural beauty it possesses. Wow. Safe journey back!

sandilee said...

These photos are gorgeous, Holly-- your inspiration bubbles over to us, as you have shared this beautiful adventure in such a fine way!
I love that you have planted your art across Canada, and I know that in any travels north, I will be looking for Holly Friesen sprouts and blooms along the way.

all the best,
sandilee

Holly Friesen said...

Thanks Francine and Sandilee! Will miss the "road tripping" everyday but looking forward to tripping out in the studio with all this new material!

Maureen said...

Amazing landscapes, especially the rock formations. So beautiful. You must be full of inspiration.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...