Thursday, February 5, 2015

Five New Paintings



The Roaring Inside 2 / 28" x 22" / acrylic on canvas 

This one was done on a road trip across Canada. I stopped at "Shannon Falls" near Squamish, BC in the midst of a rain storm and those falls were roaring! A powerful and daunting sight to behold. Something about waterfalls that triggers a visceral response and echoes something from an ancient realm for me.

River Along my Path / 28" x 22" / acrylic on canvas

This piece is from the same road trip across Canada. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of this river in British Columbia but it was majestically flowing through a deeply carved canon and took my breath away.


 Winter / 30" x 36" / acrylic on canvas

This is scene from my beloved Laurentian Mountains, north of Montreal. The almost monochromatic palette of winter often interspersed with blue and purple shadows.

Edge of the Morning / 9" x 12" / acrylic on board

From the end of summer while staying at a fairy tale cabin in the woods along a lake in the Adirondacks. Every morning was bright and glorious as the light turned to golden autumn.


Rolling Lines / 6" x 12" / acrylic on board
The lines and shapes of this landscape intersected into a beautiful pattern that I just couldn't resist painting. It was late afternoon and I remember having to paint very fast as I was suddenly surrounded by a cloud of vicious, biting mosquitoes. 

2 comments:

Maureen said...

These are all beautiful. I especially like 'Winter'.

Patrice said...

I have enjoyed this colorfully exciting sojourn into your Canadian home. Ever so lovely.

Featured Post

Air Canada purchases a painting for their collection

I was honoured to have a large 48" x 48" painting purchased by Air Canada last month.  I am always grateful when a corporatio...